Tuesday, August 28, 2012

McMichael Canadian Art Collection Painting Event

McMichael Field

The day after I got home from 2 weeks painting the figure and portrait in Philadelphia at Studio Incamminati, I attended a plein air painting event at The McMichael Canadian Art Collection in conjunction with The Ontario Plein Air Society.

I wandered around for quite some time before settling on this scene and had fun layering on the color with my palette knife at the end. We wandered all the trails and thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful weather we were blessed to experience.

We took the time to wander around the museum and I enjoyed the current exhibit about fashion and clothing - very interesting! Usually I am all about the paintings, but this was quite intriguing, including a Vancouver artist who created and then displayed all the clothes she wore for a whole year, including her footwear! There was also video of an environmental artist who creates clothing out of flowers and leaves.

At the end of the day, all the artists and many interested onlookers gathered in the great hall of the McMichael gallery and several awards were presented, including third place to Dalibor Dejanovic of OPAS who created a beautiful pastel.






1 comment:

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Sounds like a busy painting time for you. Your picture looks great. I really enjoyed my visit to your blog.