Tuesday, August 03, 2010

"A Brush With The Highlands" - Exhibit

On Monday, Augusta 2, 2010, many art lovers attended an exhibit (in Wilberforce, Ontario) that was the culmination of the second annual A Brush With The Highlands plein air painting festival. The professional presentation of the work was organized by Tracey Lee Green and her team.

Brian Smith, who is an accomplished artist, drawing master and teacher, was the juror. He presented 11 different awards in the amount of $100 and one in the amount of $500.  Zan Barrage and David Sharpe (both members of The Ontario Plein Air Society) were among the prize winners.  I was very happy to sell one of the paintings I created that weekend, a small oil on canvas done en plein air.

1 comment:

ZanBarrage said...

It was great to see you up there Laurel. You should really post this whole post on the OPAS blog I have asked Dave to do the same and I will post as well. Did you have a photo of me with my three paintings?>